Cooperative Games

PE: I can cooperate with others and demonstrate teamwork. 

In Gym class these last few weeks, we have been working on Cooperative Games. We did a hula hoop challenge where we had to get our team from one end of the compound and back stepping only inside the hula hoops. We also navigated a "blindfolded" classmate through a course full of pylons by only giving them oral instructions. Then, we worked silently with a team to re-arrange ourselves teetering on the wall behind the school. None of the games were a RACE, they were all challenges. Now, we are creating and leading our own Cooperative Game in groups for the class. 

"My favourite thing about this was playing fun things made by awesome people, like llama tag." ~ Iggy
"It was very hard to think of a cooperative game. My group took 2-3 days to think of one." ~ Lawrence
"I liked making up a game and then getting to play other people's made-up or real games that I didn't know of."~ Hazel
"I liked playing other people's games." ~ Callie
"I think we did this so we could get to learn each other better and get to work together more often." ~ Dillon
"I liked making our own games so we could share our ideas with the class." ~ Sadie
"People's ideas were very good and the games were very hard and fun." ~ Maria
"It was easy to make a game but it was hard to add a cooperative part." ~ Liam
"I liked the ones that were longer and had lots of ideas in it. Those were the funnest." ~ Leo
"Most people's games were fun but some of them weren't as cooperative; they were just normal games." ~ Seb K
"The first game we played, lots of people were feeling really pressured. It seemed like a race so it was self-pressure." ~ Lillian
"I think even though we were told some games weren't a race, I think we all still felt competitive." ~ Vance
"It doesn't really matter if we win or lose. I think that's why we did cooperative games." ~ Sadie
"We were practicing to not be a sore winner or a sore loser." ~ Suzi
"I think the reason we were playing these games was to make the entire class a team." ~ Leo
"In the first game we played it was kind of weird because some kids weren't competitive, but when more people got competitive, they got more competitive." ~ Iggy (Competitiveness spreads and grows quickly)
"My guess for why we were playing these games was to build trust in each other like the game with all the pylons where you had to build trust in your friend to guide you." ~ Seb K
"I think the purpose of these games were to bring the class together so that so that when we're playing games, we don't get into a huge fight." ~ Hazel





Popular posts from this blog

Summer Solstice

Ralph Klein Park Field Trip Recount

Puberty Homework