Pulley Experiments


Science: I can explore simple machines; I can test designs and make changes to see improvement

"I learned that making a fixed pulley takes a lot less effort than making a moveable pulley." ~ Leo
"I figured out that both of the pulleys are pretty easy to make. At first, Lillian and I both thought that it was going to be really hard. After we tried it, we got the hang of it, and we were able to make the compound pulley." ~ Callie
"Today, we experimented with pulleys. We built new things with pulleys that help us lift heavy loads." ~ Dillon
"I learned that you can add a bit of extra weight when you put something in another thing. For example, if you put a juice box in a boot, it will give the boot more weight." ~ Iggy
 "Today I learned that if you have one pulley, one rope, and one load, you can still do the work of multiple pulleys. But, if you have multiple pulleys, it makes it easier. If you increase the distance, you take away the load." ~ Seb K











Popular posts from this blog

Summer Solstice

Ralph Klein Park Field Trip Recount

Puberty Homework