Amusement Park Ride Building Days!!!

Meeting with support groups to share problems and get solutions

Science: I can test designs and make changes to improve them; I can develop skills for problem-solving and teamwork
Personal Development Through Learning: I can engage in learning with confidence and persistence.

Over the past two days, we have created our Amusement Park rides. Here is a look inside our 'workshop,' along with quotes from us as we built. We are excited to share our final designs on Thursday with our official buddy class, Ms Rowland's Grade 1/2s!

Building Day One

A class hard at work!
Thanks to Ms Dool, and several parent volunteers for helping us cut cardboard and hot glue!




"So far, my biggest challenge was finding places to attach the tubes so it's stable." ~ Lawrence
"The challenge I've had was having trouble with the tape because it kept on falling off so I couldn't attach the board to the Kleenex box." ~ Toivo
"A problem I've had is getting the screw to attach to the other screw. I am still trying to solve it." ~ Oscar
"So far, it's hard to keep the stuff up so it doesn't fall and stays in the right position. I need to give this (the pulley) a little help until I figure out how I'm supposed to make it to go in here without a gap." ~ Seb C
"I think something I've learned is that using a lot of tape can come in handy. Rolling it around a bunch of times gives it a bit more weight." ~ Iggy
"This string keeps on snapping and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's kind of confusing. I added more rocks. I added this thing to shield it but it's not always working." ~ Lillian
"A huge problem was the screw. You always have to line it up and it's hard to get a good angle when you're gluing. I just kept on persevering." ~ Hudson
"My biggest challenge was getting the marble to land in this bucket. I've adjusted the bucket and tested lots." ~ Jane
"I had to hot glue it three times just a little bit each time. I was annoyed because I had to wait but it works and I'm very proud of it. I created that out of my mind." ~ Sebastian K
"I learned by trying again and again until you get what is wrong." ~ Maria
"The ribbon wasn't tight enough and I had to tighten it with a ton of staples." ~ Hazel

Meeting with Support Groups to share our creations so far and get suggestions



"I have to keep fixing the thread because it's coming apart. When I was testing yesterday with the support group, the bucket was way too close to the the part where it comes out and it just missed. Seb K helped me move it further away and then it worked." ~ Rochael
"One problem I had when building was the marble kept going off to the side. I tried different solutions and I found the right one - Suzi helped me test. I will put cardboard on it and the marble will go down here." ~ Kim
"The challenge is making the Ferris wheel smooth. I had trouble when I was creating it because it was moving when I spun it. I asked Enzo for help because I used his design." ~ James
"One problem we found, that my little sister found, was that the marble went through a tiny crack so we had to make it closer." ~ Leo
"A problem that I had was my toilet paper roll. I thought it was glue that was stopping the marble from going but it was how thick it was inside the tube. One thing I did was that I opened the tape and we saw it wasn't glue it was the inside part." ~ Dillon

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Solstice

Ralph Klein Park Field Trip Recount

Puberty Homework