Social Studies: I can explain how our stories make up our identity; I can broaden my understanding of Canadian historical events. Citizenship in Learning: I can take action towards a cause. Hello Ramsay Families: In honour of Remembrance Day, we will be collecting items for the Veteran’s Food Bank. If you are able to contribute, please begin sending items to school on Monday, October 25 t h . We will continue to collect donations until Wednesday, November 10 th . Here is a list of their most desired contributions (new items only please): Gluten free non-perishable food Canned corn, mushrooms, beef, chilli or stew Canned ham or luncheon meat Juice Flour Unscented fabric softener and laundry detergent Unscented lotion Dishwasher pods Bandages Thank you in advance for supporting this worthy cause! Ramsay Staff
Bucking Bronco Here are some pics and quotes from today's activity day! "I liked how I walked into the classroom and saw on the whiteboard schedule "hot dogs" !" ~ Hudson "I liked it when we got to play the games in the gym because they were so fun!" ~ Callie "I liked the painting with the Grade 1/2 buddies. We got to spend time with them and be really creative." ~ Sadie "I liked when I saw that there was hot dogs." ~ Seb C "I liked the activities in the gym because they were amazing." ~ Daniel "I liked the parachute activities in the gym because it was the first time I've used a parachute and I really had fun playing mouse trap." ~ Tanya "I liked the bucking broncos game. I kept imagining the humans flying all over the place on the horse." ~ Leo Lasso Art with our Buddies Mouse Trap Horse Corral We also Line Danced with Ms Halima to Cotton-Eyed Joe!
Hi Parents and Guardians, Just a quick note to let you know that students will be bringing home their assessments today from the Simile Poems. If you're looking to review the expectations for this assignment, click here . As a class, this work was very well-done. Students captured the spirit of the books, explored similes, and refined their skills of found art. Here are some student samples to celebrate. If you have questions or concerns about your child's marks/feedback, please reach out to me by email.