Social Studies: I can explain how our stories make up our identity; I can broaden my understanding of Canadian historical events. Citizenship in Learning: I can take action towards a cause. Hello Ramsay Families: In honour of Remembrance Day, we will be collecting items for the Veteran’s Food Bank. If you are able to contribute, please begin sending items to school on Monday, October 25 t h . We will continue to collect donations until Wednesday, November 10 th . Here is a list of their most desired contributions (new items only please): Gluten free non-perishable food Canned corn, mushrooms, beef, chilli or stew Canned ham or luncheon meat Juice Flour Unscented fabric softener and laundry detergent Unscented lotion Dishwasher pods Bandages Thank you in advance for supporting this worthy cause! Ramsay Staff
Science: I can explain what a food web is and appreciate the need to protect all living components. SS: I can develop my connection with the land. Yesterday, Ms Elder read us a book called In the Woods by Lindsay Barrett George. In the book, the kids went on a walk through the woods. They saw scraps or things that creatures left behind. The kids used these things as evidence to try to find out which animal was there. We read this book so we could use the same detective skills and look for evidence of animals who have been there. We used the evidence to find out which animals were there to help us make our food webs. For example, if we found a nest in our chosen tree, we could find out which bird it was and put it in our food web. A food web is a diagram that shows the way the energy from the sun is passed down through different animals. It also shows which animals eat each other and which animal gets energy from plants. For example, if a bunny eats grass, and the gr...
Bucking Bronco Here are some pics and quotes from today's activity day! "I liked how I walked into the classroom and saw on the whiteboard schedule "hot dogs" !" ~ Hudson "I liked it when we got to play the games in the gym because they were so fun!" ~ Callie "I liked the painting with the Grade 1/2 buddies. We got to spend time with them and be really creative." ~ Sadie "I liked when I saw that there was hot dogs." ~ Seb C "I liked the activities in the gym because they were amazing." ~ Daniel "I liked the parachute activities in the gym because it was the first time I've used a parachute and I really had fun playing mouse trap." ~ Tanya "I liked the bucking broncos game. I kept imagining the humans flying all over the place on the horse." ~ Leo Lasso Art with our Buddies Mouse Trap Horse Corral We also Line Danced with Ms Halima to Cotton-Eyed Joe!